Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Jackson!



Thursday was Jackson's first birthday. We celebrated that night with family and friends and I think that having all those people over was present enough for Jackson! He LOVED seeing everyone! We sang Happy Birthday all day long but Jackson's favorite version was by Aunt Diane who called and left a message on the answering machine so we listened to that MANY times - Jackson would clap as she sang. When we gave him his cake, he was hesitant at first but then devoured it (much to my dismay... I was hoping that I'd have to help him eat it!). Our precious little boy is now one and we thank God everyday for the joy he's brought into our lives.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy belated birthday Jackson! Sounds like you had a fun party.

The VanderZwaags said...

Well I was wondering when you were going to post! :) Glad Jackson had a great first birthday...any words of advise for me???

Let's get together soon!!!!!!

Jill Sloothaak said...

Your baby is one!!! It's amazing how time flies, but being a mommy of a one year old is super fun too!! :)

PS - did Jackson get a haircut? It looks shorter!

Jeff and Nicki Westra said...

I looks like this was Jackson's first cake....don't you ever spoil him? Just kidding, I know you made him many cakes throughout his first year of life :) I wish we could have been there to help celebrate!