We had our first New Year's sleepover this year! When I was younger, I our family used to alternate spending New Years at 3 different houses. That way our parents didn't have to find babysitters, nobody had to be out on the road and us kids could stay up late and play! It was something we looked forward to with anticipation for weeks. This year we started that tradition with the DeVissers, my sister and our good friend Holly. It was wonderful because we were able to get the kids down at a reasonable time and then we had adult time. I can't wait for this tradition to continue - the 3 boys will definitely be trouble:)
The next night, my nephews came over night while my brother and his wife went to a Lions game. It was so fun to watch the boys all play together and we really didn't have any arguments with them. At night, the 3 oldest slept in Jackson's room. At one point I heard laughing so I go in there and find my dear son throwing down all his stuffed animals (he sleeps with TONS of them) down from his bed and the other 2 boys laughing hysterically. My favorite moment was waking up the next morning after hearing them making noise and finding the three of them standing at Jackson's bedroom door just waiting to come down to play. I am so glad that they're so close in age and have become such good buddies. What a blessing these cousins are!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment