Friday, September 7, 2012

1st day of Kindergarten!

All smiles for his first day of school!

Luke stayed home a bit later so he could get Jackson on the bus for his first day.

As much as they fight, they sure adore each other too!  Brendan was a bit lost without Jackson at first:(

Waiting for the bus ... thankfully Aunt Sara could come and watch the two youngest and get some extra pictures too!

I love how Brendan seems just as excited as Jackson.
Well, we survived, Jackson successfully completed his first week of kindergarten!  I can't say that he didn't shed a tear at all, if you know Jackson, you know he's a tender heart and can cry easily.  There were a few moments at school where he was a bit overwhelmed but he managed to work through them and he absolutely adores school!  When we asked him his favorite part, he told us it was riding the bus but I kind of think that his favorite part is seeing his teacher since he talks about her quite a bit!  Luke and I of course are constantly asking him about his day and one of his comments to us was .... "It's such a rough day with you guys asking me to talk so much!"  WHAT!!!!!  How is my little chatterbox too tired to talk about school?!  This has to have been the hardest first week of school for me as we sent Jackson off and I missed the big moment.  Thankfully I was able to rush home on that first day and saw him get off the bus.  I have to admit, I did get a bit choked up watching him get off the bus.  I still wish that I could be a bug on the wall and watch him during the day but I know he's in good hands.   How can my little guy be this old already!  How the time flies!

1 comment:

The Brouwers said...

Such sweet pictures!