It is officially spring break!!! The thing that I now love most about spring break is that extra time that I can spend with my boys. School can be a bit chaotic at times and when I get home I am exhausted and the evenings go so quickly but spring break is my time with them. I think that I appreciate the time so much more now that I've been back and experienced the craziness of working full time with 2 kids!
We decided to take a little weekend trip (Luke wasn't keen on my idea of a week in Florida this year!) to Portage, Indiana (about 15 minutes west of Michigan City). We had gone there last year with Edings and loved it so much that we figured another trip there was definitely worth it. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend ... other than the fact that the Nykamps couldn't make it because they had sick kids:( We were all bummed that they weren't there.
The hotel we stayed at had a wonderful kids pool and so the kids spent a lot of time there. On Friday, we drove into Chicago and went to Navy Pier, Rainforest Cafe, American Girl Doll Store (for Breanna... the only girl) and the Lego store. The weather was fantastic and the kids were extraordinary! No crying or whinning! Saturday, the girls (plus Brendan) went shopping to the outlets in Michigan City but were back in time for the game (which was too sad to watch!).
Of course the weekend went by too quickly but it sure was nice to go away for awhile and Jackson had such a great time that he cried when we left. Now our week at home begins and I'm sure we'll have many stories as potty training has begun.....
No comments:
Post a Comment