I never thought that I would make an annual trip to the fair. I remember when I was little how my dad would try to convince us to come with him and it was the furthest thing that I considered fun.... now all has changed. Jackson and I have been looking forward to our trip there with Grandpa for awhile and it definitely turned out to be worth it.
This year we let the boys ride on some of the rides and it was hilarious to watch their two personalities. Cohen loves them and his face showed it the entire time! Jackson on the other hand looked petrified on every ride and wouldn't crack a smile or even look at us but when the ride was over, he would run out and say "that was awesome" or "that was so fun." Both boys, despite their differences in showing it, loved the rides.
And of course we visited the animals again and the boys had a great time touching them and talking to them (and yes we did use hand sanitizer A LOT!). Jackson was kind of timid at first but by the end was saying "hi" to each and every animal. We also were excited to have been able to see some of my second cousins there ... Jake, Luke and Jaden were there preparing to show their cows. As much as I hate to say this, I really think that it would be fun to have Jackson participate in that some day BUT we are never going to have animals here so instead we'll just look forward to our yearly trips there:)
1 comment:
You have 6 years to prepare a spot for a little calf or baby piggies. Jackson will LOVE showing animals!
Post a Comment