Saturday, April 9, 2011
Spring Break 2011
It's been a long time since we last posted since I was unable to link any pictures up because our camera wouldn't upload pictures - our new camera arrived right before spring break so I have lots of pictures to now download!
Anyways, we just returned from our trip to Orlando and I am seriously thinking about looking for jobs down there. There's just something about the beautiful landscaping, sunny weather and all the Disney activities! It's always difficult leaving Florida - I always seem to leave there with tears in my eyes. And now Jackson feels the same way! He was very upset that we had to leave and is already talking about going down again.
We didn't do any of the Disney parks but I can't wait to take the kids there someday! I had a lot of different ideas of things we could do down there (1/2 days so at least Brendan would get a good nap) but we discovered the boys were just thrilled to be swimming in the pool so we stayed put at our condo most of the week. There was one day of rain that we ventured out for a bit of shopping but didn't last too long with the boys.
The best part was seeing the excitement in the boys eyes when they would see things. Jackson was beside himself when we went to Downtown Disney and visited the Lego store (he got his 1st set of Legos and loves them!) and Brendan absolutely loved the pool. He would climb in and out of the kiddie pool and just stand there watching all the kids. The boys did a tremendous job traveling and behaving down there. Of course we had our moments, like when Brendan threw a fit during our last night out for dinner but all in all they did a great job.
The worst part of the trip reminded me how precious each day is. My Uncle Bern and part of his family traveled down there as well and while we were there he went in to the hospital because something just wasn't right. We had all figured that he'd be diagnosed with a minor stroke or something of that sort but it was discovered that he has a brain tumor. News like that makes every problem that we face right now seem so unimportant. Now we just pray for good news for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun family trip! I can't wait to take family trip to Disney some day! We better start saving for that now.
Post a Comment