Sunday, July 10, 2011

Looks like we'll be seeing more of this color......

Our first baby present - from Aunt Diane!

Last week Thursday we had the ultrasound to check up on Baby Hansen.  I don't know why but I was really anxious to see that everything was okay this time.  We also had discussed finding out the gender of the baby.   We didn't find out with the boys and I loved that moment when they came out and we discovered they were boys.  There's something about hearing that right at that emotional time.  However, this time knowing that I have two very active boys and will be busy with school I really wanted to find out.  Luke was on the fence but let me decide at the last moment.  As we went through all the pictures, I was amazed at this little being growing inside of me.  At the very end, Lori (our ultrasound tech) very clearly showed us that the little one we had inside was not modest at all.  It's legs were spread right open and showed girls parts.  I was shocked... beyond shocked!  Everything has been right on with the boys from the heart rate to the changes my body went through and how I am carrying.  We even had a name picked out for a boy already!  Of course we're both thrilled but more so that everything looks healthy.  It took us awhile to get over the shock and then when we told Jackson he was not thrilled with the idea of a sister at first but we reminded him that in the Berenstein Bear books there is a "sister bear" and now he'll have a sister just like that.  He's not pretty excited saying that he's going to have a sister (although I know he'd be just as thrilled to say it was a boy).  More than anything else, we just are amazed that there's a healthy baby growing inside and we just pray that she continues growing healthy.  And I have to admit, I am excited for the moment when she arrives and I get confirmation that it is a girl (as I'm still a bit skeptical) and I can't wait to see what she looks like.   

3 comments:

The Brouwers said...

Yea! Congratulations! We're so excited that Elsa will have a girl pal to play with! :) So happy she is healthy! Bring on the pink!

Krys said...

Yay yay YAY!!!!! I am thinking an arranged marriage...after all, we know we already like the in-laws, lol! And so fun that their birthdays will be pretty close together! Congrats, so exciting!

Brooke said...

OH MY! Hooray! SO glad all continues to go well! Hope we will see you at a playdate!