Monday, January 23, 2012

2 Months

How can my little girl already be 2 months old?!  I think that I'll be questioning how quickly she's growing for the rest of her life.  I know I felt that way about the boys too and now I can't ever imagine them being 2 months old - time goes way too quickly. 

Lydia had her 2 month appointment last week Tuesday so we planned a Mommy/Lydia day for that day.  We started out at her appointment where she weighed in at 11lbs. 6 oz (58th percentile) and 23 inches (75th percentile).  She's definitely larger than Jackson was but is still smaller than Brendan was, however, she is similar to them as she's getting taller and leaner.  The check-up with Dr. Schrotenboer went really well and she was smiles (most of the time).  Poor girl was pretty upset with all her shots but was able to sleep while I went shopping with her.  She loves riding in her carseat so it was a good day for her.  Although whenever she woke up she would scream so I knew she just wasn't herself. 

She's like her brothers in that she sleeps pretty well at night.  I'll do her last feeding around 9pm and she'll wake up to feed at 3am and then sleep until 6 or 6:30am (which is when Brendan is waking up).  We've had a couple of nights where she slept through that 3am feeding which was a pleasant surprise!  She loves her swing and will usually take one of her daily naps in there.  The boys weren't huge swing fans so it's nice to be able to use it for her.  If she's awake, she loves to watch the action at our house (which there is plenty of!).  The girl gets plenty of love from her brothers!   I love watching their interactions:)

Lydia and Brendan laying in her crib.  She looks SO much like Jackson here!

All smiles on her playmat - she looks a lot like Brendan in this picture.  I guess she's definitely got traits from both brothers.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh Jodi she is so cute with her smiles! Love the girly outfits. Hoe fun to have a day of shopping with just her ;)

The Brouwers said...

She's getting so big! It's so much fun to see her smile! :)