One people that I treasure most in this world is my little sister, Sara. Sara is 5 years younger than me which meant that as kids we didn't really get along (in fact, my brother and I were actually quite horrible to her) but as we got older things changed. I think that we really started getting closer when I went to college. When I came home over the summer, Sara and I had to share a room (because my parents gave my old room to my brother and made his room into a living room... that's another story!). Sara and I would make our room into a "dorm" for the summer. In fact, one summer we put up a loft in our room - it was pretty cool. While I was at MSU, Sara would come for the weekend or a night to just hang out with me. During that time we really started becoming good friends. When Jackson was born, Sara was the first to hear (and the first to meet him... still something my mom reminds us of!). She would come to our house and hang out with us. She even came on some camping trips with us. As our family has grown, Sara remains close to all of us. The boys love when Aunt Sara will come to spend the night (although now she's busy so we don't get to see her as often as we'd like!). When she comes, she sleeps on the bunk in the boys room and they think that's the coolest thing, to have their Aunt Sara have a sleepover with them. Sara is now completing her masters at MSU (go green!) but over the holidays she had some extra time off and spent time with us. We all loved it! It's fun to see that not only is Sara special to me but now she's someone special to the boys and Lydia as well. She has a way with the kids that makes them absolutely adore her. And I have to admit, I think Luke enjoys having her come over so they can gang up and give me a hard time.
 |
| When Sara is over, the boys have to sit right by her - we become not so cool anymore. |
 |
| Don't mind the child without pants and the super old jersey on Jackson ... the boys have minds of their own! |
 |
| Sara and Lydia on Christmas Eve |
1 comment:
Sweet. Sara is one of the most special people in my life too! We never got a playdate in with all of us.... Maybe the next time you get a break.
Post a Comment