Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lydia's Baptism

Our family has grown so much - this picture makes me smile as I see us all together.

Rev. Newhouse baptized Lydia - I've worked with his wife Kathy for 9 years now and her and I have also run the 25K and the 10K runs together.  We were thrilled to have him as part of the special day!

The picture we had for the screen - I think she looks a lot like a VanderZwaag in this picture. 

Baby girl and I ... she and I both wore the baptism dress. 

My mom and Lydia - My mom also wore the baptism dress so it was pretty special to have it worn for a 3rd generation.

The beautiful cake - I definitely didn't make it;)

Cake time!

Isaac and Brendan were all over the cake!

Lydia wore her Grandma Hansen's coat for the day (this was taken at the end of the day so the tights were off:)).  We had a special bracelet as well but it didn't fit and we didn't want to lose it so we're saving it for her first ballet recital someday.
Sunday was Lydia's baptism.  Prior to the day I was having nightmares thinking of the boys up in front of church - Jackson hates to be in front of people and Brendan ... well, Brendan is LOUD when he speaks and has never been in a service before so I could just imagine how things would go.  I imagined Brendan yelling out and getting mad as we tried to keep him by us and then Jackson clinging onto us.  I shouldn't have worried so much - they did awesome!  Brendan was the one who appeared terrified to be in front of people and he didn't make a peep while he was in church.  Jackson was very curious and tried to peek at the water but overall stood so nicely.  Lydia was wide awake and smiling during baptism. 

2 comments:

The Brouwers said...

What a beautiful and special dress!

Krys said...

JJ did NOT stand so nicely while we were up there for Luke's baptism. To be fair, Mike performed the baptism, so Momma had to keep both boys, and Joshua is used to being a ham in front of everyone at church, so he didn't know any differently. Still, such a special day!