Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Jackson!

When I asked Jackson what kind of cake he wanted, he said "sprinkled" cake.  He even helped make it ... although both the boys did get quite a few sprinkles on the floor!  I love his expression - I can almost read his mind ... "yes... I'm FINALLY 5 and this is all for me!"

The BIG ball that Jackson got from grandma and grandpa Hansen.  Yikes!  He loves it!

Luke found the gumball machine awhile back and both boys were thrilled with it.  Of course we had to put a limit on how many times they can use it during the day:)

Miss Lydia wanted in on all the fun - her favorite part, crawling to all the wrapping paper and then trying to stuff it in her mouth before I got to her.

The boys and one of their favorite exhibits at the zoo - the bears.

Aunt Sara and the kids ... we LOVE her!
This birthday is going down as one of the most exciting ones for Jackson.  He waited all month long for his birthday when he would turn 5!  The countdown was excruciating for him but his birthday finally arrived.  Our little guy is a whole hand!!!!!!  A couple weeks before we had celebrated the June birthdays with my family and then night before his birthday we celebrated with the Hansen's.  On his birthday we had a pretty low key day (our first low key day of the summer!).  Jackson would walk by his wrapped presents all day waiting for the moment when Luke would come home and then Jackson could unwrap them.  (How awful are we making him wait?!).  Luke did get out of work early and we then headed to the zoo.  We surprised Jackson by having Aunt Sara join us there as well.  I'm pretty sure his smile remained plastered to his face as he slept ... our little guy is now our 5 year old. 

1 comment:

A blog about... said...

Is that a "WorldPeace" sign above the fireplace?