Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Card Pics

And this is why I DREAD the picture each year....

Is that excitement or frustration?

Is it just me or does Brendan look like he's ready to beat someone?

Lydia pulled "her" chair over and declared herself DONE!   Brendan and Jackson ... near the end.

Now officially done!
I don't know why we take the Christmas picture every year ... wait .... yes I do.  We take it because it's fun to look back at how much we've changed in a year.  And to laugh about the chaos that surrounds the picture.  The first year we sent out a Christmas card, we had just gotten Rudi and so Luke and I spent an HOUR! trying to get a shot where we were all looking.   I remember Luke throwing a ball at the camera just at the point when it was about to take.   I now laugh at how easy that was compared to the kids.  However, I have to admit, Lydia did a great job with our picture this year ... she was the easy one in the family picture.  It was the boys who wouldn't sit still or had goofy smiles.  Regardless of all the insanity that surrounds it, I'm going to be the mom who insists on the picture each year and in all honesty, I'll enjoy the ones that are not perfect the most:) 

3 comments:

Pastor Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krys said...

Sorry, Mike forgot to sign out...he wasn't creepin' on your blog, LOL. This is pretty much what most of my pictures look like, too! Still cute, though! :-)

The Brouwers said...

It's hard with just two - I can't imagine trying to get three of them to look at the camera and smile! :)