Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Starting the birthday celebrations

Getting ready to open some presents

Brendan and Evan - only 3 weeks apart ... the two red heads!

The birthday kids!  Blowing out their candles.

Lydia loved her first piece of cake!  She didn't make too much of a mess either (I think she was more intent on getting it in her mouth - the girl LOVES food!).

Grandpa and Grandma Hansen and all the grandkids
We're back!  My camera card was taken over by Luke to use in his trail cam (and I didn't have time to go get another one) so the pictures for the last two months are pretty scarce.  However, we've upgraded the camera and just got one that takes much better pictures (although we're still trying to understand all the functions!).  Anyways, hopefully we'll become better at getting pictures again and get some more postings on the blog.  It's always fun for us to look back at how life has changed.  In all of life's craziness, the blog is a great record keeper for us and the boys love looking back on it. 

I can't believe that it's almost Lydia's first birthday and Brendan's third birthday.  This year has flown!  I guess every year I say that, but with all of the stuff going on, it's hard to believe that Lydia has been with us an entire year!  Last year at this time I was sitting around with a ginormous belly waiting for something to happen.  (and she sure took her time making her appearance!)

On Saturday we celebrated Evan, Lydia and Brendan's birthdays.  It's easier for all of us to group them together and it's kind of nice to not have all the celebrations in one weekend for the kids.  The best part is that the older kids are getting to the point where we hardly see them when we all get together.  I look forward to the days when all the kids will play so well yet I hate to wish the years away.  I do still love the cuddles from Lyd! 

I'll post again soon about Lydia at 1 year - she's such a happy little girl right now and definitely has become a Mommy's girl! 

No comments: