Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lil' Dutch Kids


Even though Tulip Time is a couple weeks away yet, I've been anxious to try to get downtown to try to get some pictures with the kids by the tulips.  As a good Dutch girl, I have forced my children into costumes each and every year although they've fought it each time!  The other night I thought it might be a good idea to just see if the costumes fit them and try to get some pictures just in case they do what they do every year and refuse to wear costumes downtown.  Although it was a struggle - I am MORE stubborn than they are so I ended up winning the battle.  Forgive the cheesy grins as I had just said "smile if you want to eat at Froggy's" (their favorite restaurant). And Brendan's dirty face ... he had just finished eating and we decided to just fight the battle of getting the costume on rather that adding the battle for wiping his face off.   Jackson is wearing Luke's costume from when he was a kid, Brendan is wearing one my mom made for Jackson and Lydia is wearing the costume that I wore as a kid.  Lydia's is a bit big this year but I'm sure she'll grow into it for next year and maybe then the hat will fit her.  Hopefully we'll actually get downtown to see some tulips this week because I have a feeling there won't be many left come Tulip Time.

1 comment:

girl meets carpenter said...

Those pictures are adorable, Jodi!! Lydia is a DOLL!