Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy

Lots of smiles from Lydia as she has begun to love playing (biting) her toys.

Lydia if my first child that just loves rolling all around the floor ... the bad part is that you really have to watch what's on the floor!

3 reasons to smile!  I was trying to get a picture of Lydia and the boys decided they wanted to get in the picture as well ... Lydia didn't like having to wait for them (by the way, that's Brendan's new "cheese" smile)

We put these PJ's on Brendan this weekend and realized how much he's grown - they were so tight!  But we love his little diaper butt ... looks like he did too!
Yesterday at Sunday School Jackson had to draw a picture of what makes him happy on one side of the paper and what makes him sad on the other side.  On the happy side, he drew a picture of me (love!) and on the other side he drew a picture of a spider.  As we asked him about it, he told me that I always make him happy .. (sigh).  As the end of the school year draws near and the craziness of ending the school year begins, I always feel that sense of frustration that I can't be 100% at anything that I do ... being a wife, mom, teacher, friend, etc.  It seems especially difficult this year as things just keep piling up but talking with Jackson yesterday made me realize what I truly value most and how blessed I am to be the mom of these 3 precious children.  One of my favorite moments of the day is when I walk in and see them at the end of the day - the boys come running toward me and Lydia gives me one of her huge smiles.... and that makes me happy:)

2 comments:

Krys said...

AW, LOVE that Jackson drew a picture of his mommy because she makes him so happy! That made me cry! ;-) I hope that's how my kiddos feel about me! Beautiful babies, Jodi!

The Brouwers said...

Well said...being a Mom is best! Especially at the end of a busy day - it never gets old seeing them and having them run to you! Hang in there, we're getting close!