Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

What a gorgeous weekend it turned out to be! The actual Memorial day weather wasn't so great but at least we had a couple of good days to be outside.

We started out weekend with an exciting purchase - a camping trailer! I've been wanting one for awhile because some of my favorite memories with my family are camping during the summers. Luke consented and we found a trailer on Friday night and it was just our luck that it was right in Hamilton - less than 3 miles from our house! We took it home on Saturday and spent most of the day cleaning it inside and out. Jackson is thrilled with it and is quite anxious to sleep in his "bunk."

Saturday night we had our good friends Scott, Lori and Isaac come over. It was the perfect end to a wonderful day as we were able to just sit, relax and hang out with them. Lori and I spent some time trying to get Isaac and Brendan to both look at the camera for a picture. I can't wait for them to grow up - I know they'll be great friends and will cause tons of trouble!


On Sunday we took the boys to the beach. Jackson was all excited to be there again and was not ready to leave after 2 hours there but 2 hours for our pasty white, Dutch skin is plenty! Thankfully we all left without any sunburn. Brendan liked the water and was thrilled to have so much to watch while we were there. I'm sure we'll be spending plenty of days at the beach over the summer.












We also spent some time at Sandy Pines. Jackson had so much fun playing with Trent and Lauryn. And Grandpa Hansen kept them pretty busy Sunday night, finding pine cones for the fire. I love this picture of Jackson - Grandma Hansen had told Jackson "don't move" because he had marshmellow all over him and she was going to get something to wipe it off. He took the direction literally and wouldn't move!



I couldn't resist putting in a picture of Brendan and Evan ... 1 month apart and both have the same color hair!



It was a wonderful weekend but the best part was that we were able to spend a lot of time together. The weeks can get so busy and an extra long weekend like this was just what we needed! And the countdown is on .... 7 more days with students and then I get to be just MOM for the summer. I can't wait!!!!!!!

No comments: